Ready to learn a few tricks and enhance your Salesforce Platform Strategy? When you finish reading this article, you will know how to use Salesforce Flow to Convert a Contact to Person Account.
Person accounts store information about individual people by combining certain account and contact fields into a single record. By default, Salesforce accounts are business accounts, which are used to store information about companies or other entities (B2B).
Person accounts extend the standard business-to-business account functionality by allowing you to store information about individual consumers (B2C).
After enabling person accounts , You can use both business accounts and person accounts in the same org.
Before we learn how to do this, it is important to have certain considerations.
For more considerations, please refer to the official salesforce documentation at:
Now that we have talked about these important considerations, we are ready to learn how to convert accounts.
A travel agency has travelers listed as records in a custom object, each traveler record is associated with a contact by a lookup field.
The company has asked their salesforce admin to implement an automation process to convert the attached contact to each traveler that has no accounts associated with them to a person account to match the company’s work process.
● Each account must have one contact. It cannot have more than one.
● The account and contact must have the same record owner.
● The account and contact must have the same currency values.
● The Parent Account field on the Account must be blank.
● The Reports To field on the Contact must be blank.
● The Account is not set as a Parent Account for any other accounts.
● The Contact is not set as a Reports To for any other contacts.
In Summary, the flow should:
● Grab the newly associated contact and check if it is not associated with an account
● Create a new account that is in accordance with the considerations of conversion, and associate the newly created account with that contact
● Convert the account to a person account (The conversion from a business account has to be in a separate transaction: no other fields should be updated other the record type id of the account in each record update)
Set the object and criteria of triggering the flow (on Traveler create, on Traveler create/update), and before/after save.
Person accounts can be a great solution for small and mid-sized companies that are mainly business to consumer oriented, and while it was avoided by most companies in the past for its many considerations, it has recently become a go-to for most B2C Companies.
We hope that this flow helps you implement person accounts more gracefully in your company, Happy Automation!
In Nubessom we have more than 10 years helping companies around the world achieve their Salesforce, CRM and business automation needs.
We are experts in boosting business performance with Cloud Applications. We are Salesforce Consulting Partner you were looking for, please reach us by clicking here or check our website www.nubessom.com for more details.